It’s been a few months and it was pretty obvious a new release of BrowserMob Proxy was in order. If you’re impatient, you can get it here and skip this announcement.
The most important thing to note is that I’ve forked the project back in to my personal Github repository. In addition, the website has been moved to bmp.lightbody.net. I did this simply because I no longer work at Neustar/Webmetrics and I’m the primary committer to this project, so I figured I should keep it where I know I’ll have control over it.
Now to what’s new:
- A brand new test suite so I can finally make sure I’m not breaking anything too badly
- Restored Java 6 compatibility, which broke in beta 7
- Binary content can now be captured, resulting in base64 encoded content in the HAR body
- We no longer modify the User-Agent header (it used to insert “BrowserMob RBU” in to it)
- Post data (URL encoded and raw content) is now reliably captured in the HAR
This release also includes some REST API improvements:
- Automatic BASIC authentication can now be controlled via REST
- Waiting for network activity to stop can now be accessed via REST
- Network activity control, such as maxBitsPerSecond, is now accessible via REST
- Control over connection timeouts is now available via REST
- And more!
PS: Someday I’ll get back in to more interesting blogging, but for now I’m just happy to post something :)